What is SDN all about??? Below outlines my journey to find out.
- Central control of traffic from end to end, regardless of actual network (MPLS, 4G, DLS)
- GUI driven vController
- Configure devices from a central server
What is cloud:
- Private – just a DC off site
- Public – DC accessible via internet
- Hybrid – mix
Get the SP do the hard work, and just run your info as needed:
- Infrastructure as a service
So far, after researching SDN, all I have found is a load of ideas and concepts, nothing special. But I can see that automation is a big thing, just for setting up a machine… using a scripting language like perl.